If you need support with your legal rights and options in relation to incapacity, disability, or elder law we are here to help!
Common situations that may arise include:
• You are concerned that Enduring Power of Attorney and/or Appointment of Enduring Guardian documents are not being used correctly for you or someone you know.
• You need advice on how to best protect the interests of someone you know who has lost capacity or has a disability.
• You are involved in a matter in the Guardianship division of NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) or the protective jurisdiction of the Supreme Court NSW.
• You are thinking about making an application to the Guardianship division of NCAT for someone you know.
• You are concerned that you, or someone you know, is experiencing financial abuse.
• You are concerned that you, or someone you know, is experiencing elder abuse.
If you are concerned for your immediate safety, always phone 000 for police assistance.
Guardianship Tribunal Matters
The Guardianship Division of the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) hears matters concerning financial management orders and guardianship orders. It also has the jurisdiction to oversee the operation of Enduring Power of Attorney and Appointment of Enduring Guardian documents where an interested person makes an application and brings the concerns to its attention.
We offer an initial consultation at a reduced free of $330.
In this appointment we will explain how our cost agreement works moving forward. Generally, we perform this work on a time consumed basis of $440 per hour.
Most people prefer to meet in our office however, we can travel to you at home, in hospital, in care, or wherever you are on the Central Coast. Fee is $100 for travel within 20km of our office, then $5 per km (measured one way, charged per visit).
If you are not sure if your situation warrants engaging a lawyer, book for a free 15-minute telephone consultation to ascertain if it is something we can help you with.